How much is Shawn Mendes net worth? Shawn Mendes is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and model, whose fame began when he posted a video on Vine singing “As Long as You Love Me”, after which he signed a contract with Island Records.
He released two albums that were very successful, with hundreds of thousands of copies sold. Shawn is currently working on his 3rd album this year.
As of 2021, the net worth of Shawn Mendes is roughly $ 40 Million, which comes through albums and tour sales as well as endorsement contracts with companies such as Calvin Klein, Befuddles By Dre, Emporio Armani, and Smile Direct Club.
- Mendes appeared in the promotional video wearing the new smartwatch from the Italian brand, EA Connected.
- In August 2017, Mendes launched his first fragrance, Shawn Mendes Signature, for both men and women. Then, a year later, he launched his second fragrance, Shawn Signature II.
- On June 6, 2018, Mendes was announced as ambassador for the entire ‘Fall Winter 2018-2019’ watch collection by Emporio Armani.
- On February 16, 2019, Mendes announced that he was the latest brand ambassador for Calvin Klein’s #MyCalvins campaign.
- In August 2019, Mendes announced a partnership with the Canadian food chain, Tim Hortons, appearing in a commercial and in drink cups, followed by a partnership with Roots Canada in September.
Shawn Mendes was born on 8 August 1988 in Toronto, Canada, and raised in Pickering 2. His father, Manuel Mendes, is a Portuguese businessman, and his mother is Karen Rayment, a British real estate agent. He has a younger sister named Aaliyah.
Mendes graduated from Penn Ridge High School in June 2016, where he took acting lessons and played soccer and ice hockey.
Mendes’ interest in music led him to learn to play guitar alone at the age of 13 only through YouTube videos.
Mendes’ fame began when he uploaded a video of him on the Vine application singing the song “As Long as You Love Me”, and within one day he had garnered 10,000 likes, after which his fan base on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram increased, especially with his keenness to communicate daily with his followers.
His talent and fame caught the attention of his current business manager, Andrew Gertler, who convinced him and his father to come to New York to sign a contract with Island Records.
Mendes released his first album in 2014, titled The Shawn Mendes EP, which had sales of 100,000 copies, and in 2015 he released his full album Handwritten, which ranked first in the United States and Canada, followed by his song Stitches, which was ranked among the most popular songs in Europe, 10 Popular Songs in North America.
In 2016, he released his second album, Illuminate, following the style of Ed Sheeran and John Mayer. The album was a huge success in the United States and Canada, with sales of more than one million copies.
Just two months later, Mendes performed a live show at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Shawn Mendes’ personal life is ambiguous, with rumors indicating that he has been dating Cuban-American singer, Camila Cabello, since July 2019, although he denied it several times.
- Read Also: The 22 Most Expensive Shoes In The World
- Don’t miss: The Most Expensive Watches that you Will Dream to Buy