|Net Worth ||$ 10,000,000 |
|Real name ||David John Franco |
|Source of Wealth ||Acting |
|Profession ||Actor, Writer, Director |
|Spouse/Partner ||Alison Brie |
|Date of Birth ||Jun 12, 1985 |
|Zodiac ||Gemini |
|Age ||37 |
|Gender ||Male |
|Pronoun ||He/Him |
|Height ||170 cm / 5 ft 6 inch |
|Nationality ||American |
|Siblings ||James Franco and Tom Franco |
David John Franco was born on June 12, 1985, in Palo Alto, California, to his parents, Betsy Loo, a poet and an accomplished writer, and Douglas Franco, a businessman.
Dave Franco has two siblings, the famous James Franco and the actor Tom Franco  .
He went to Palo Alto High School and further expanded his education by enrolling at the University Of Southern California.
Franco’s dream job was to become a high school teacher specializing in creative writing since he already showed a natural, raw talent from a young age.
Creative writing is in all Franco’s blood since they come from a whole generation of writers. His mother and maternal grandmother were very accomplished and published writers, so young Dave Franco had a lot of help and support from his family, aside from his talent.
But things didn’t go as planned, and he dropped out of college after his brother James and his manager encouraged him to pursue acting.
Soon enough, his mom, Betsy, would also follow in her sons’ footsteps and pursue acting herself. She even went to Stanford University to take acting lessons.
- Dave Franco has a lot going on for him in his career. He made his first appearance as an actor in the “7th Heaven” drama series for only one episode.
- In the following years, Franco played in a number of movies, including “The Death And Life Of Charlie St. Cloud,” “Now You See Me,” “Warm Bodies,” and the popular comedy starring Zac Effron and Seth Rogen, “Bad Neighbours.”
- The role that made Dave Franco even more popular was in the movie “21 Jump Street” where he played Eric Molson, a drug-dealing student with big ambitions.
- In 2016, Dave starred in the action movie “Nerve” alongside his co-star, Emma Roberts.
Things You Might Don’t Know About Dave Franco
- In 2011 Franco met actress Alison Brie at a Mardi Grasfestival in New Orleans. The couple started dating a year later and got engaged in 2015. They finally tied the knot in 2017 in a private ceremony with only the closest people around them.
- Dave Franco loves all animals but specifically adores cats. He says that he has always loved cats and was always surrounded by them.
- He is a prominent art collector and his brother Tom's biggest fan. Tom is a huge artist and a founder of “ Firehouse Art Collective” in Berkeley, California. Dave says that he always supported his brother’s art and has his brother’s art all over his place.
- Even though he looks rather innocent, Franco was quite the rebel when he was younger. He admitted that he almost burned his dorm room down in college with a scented candle. He says that all he wanted to do was make his room smell like freshly baked cookies.
- Dave didn’t want to work alongside his brother James for a long time in his career. In an interview, Dave explained that he didn’t want to make a name out for himself for only being James’ baby brother, but finally, in 2017, both of the brothers appeared in the movie “The Disaster Artist.”
- Franco auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen back in 2007. He said that he didn’t know how close he came, but he did the audition and appeared in front of some of the writers.
Dave Franco is an American actor with a net worth of $10 million. He is most famous for his roles in the movie “The Disaster Artist,” “21 Jump Street,” “Nerve,” and “The Death And Life Of Charlie St. Cloud.” Franco is the youngest of three children, who are also famous artists and actors.
James Franco (2022) Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Franco
Tom Franco (2022) Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Franco
History.com Editors (2010) Mardi Gras 2022, History.com. A&E Television Networks. Available at: https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/mardi-gras